The Division of International Criminology serves its members in three important ways:
1. Provides a free subscription to the International Journal of Comparative & Applied Criminal Justice to all paid members. (DIC membership is available to any existing member of the American Society of Criminology (ASC) at www.asc41.com)
2. Holds an annual meeting at the site of the ASC meeting each November. At that meeting, outstanding scholars, students, and books are recognized, and those with international and comparative interests have a forum to meet and connect.
3. Communicates via a listserv, webpage, and newsletter to link those interested and working on international and comparative crime and justice issues.
Division of International Criminologyintends:, according to its Constitution,
1. to foster research and exchange of information concerning criminology in an international perspective.
2. to encourage effective teaching and practice of criminological principles and to develop curricula for courses in international criminology.
3. to identify criteria and standards for evaluating criminal justice systems.
4. to provide a forum for personal interaction and exchange of ideas among persons involved in international criminology, and
5. to promote conference sessions pertaining to international criminology, in its very important role in the American Society of Criminology.
Encourage excellence in comparative and international scholarship.
Encourage improved collection of crime and criminal justice data worldwide as well as its accessibility for analysis and research.
Play a leading role in our role as a recognized NGO at the UN.
Increase student membership and membership from developing nations.
Liaise with the ASC Board and with other ASC divisions and committees in achieving internationalization of the ASC.
Monitor funding resources for international and comparative criminology.
Division of International Criminology The American Society of Criminology
All rights reserved
Division of International Criminology, a Division of the American Society of Criminology 1314 Kinnear Road, Suite 212 Columbus, OH43212 ph: 614-292-9207 fax: 614-292-6767 firstname.lastname@example.org